Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for manufacturer of I2C or SPI LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgs_p

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I need a I2C or SPI LCD and if possible a keyboard with the same interface, does anybody know a manufacturer to these products.

URLs are welcome :D

thanks and best regards for everybody.

mgs_p

spi lcd display

what type of lcd?? for graphics LCD you could find some LCD Graphics with SPI or I2C controller from mobile phone like Nokia 3310 display it used Phillips PCF8544 or you could integrate microcontroller on it to provide interface that you want. Maxim also provide some I2C Key Matrix scaner I think I seen it befor

i2c lcd

Serial LCD displays....

hxxp://www.seetron.com/

lcd spi

You could use a Philips PCF8574 Remote 8-bit I/O expander for I2C-bus to connect between the MCU and a standard Alphanumeric LCD display in "four bit" mode.
You could also use a Philips PCF8574 for connecting the matrix keyboard.

Here's another idea:
2-Wire LCD Interface for the PICMicro
www.rentron.com/Myke1.htm

lcd i2c

To use an i2c I/O expander is a good idea, especially if you have eeprom on the same bus or other i2c device. If you are using x51 micro at www.wickenhaeuser.com for example on their compiler they have an apllication note and a library on how to control an LCD by PCF8574. If you have a slow connection and don't wont to downlowd the full compiler i can send the pdf to you. In september 2003 number of Elektor there is an article about the subject but i don't have the magazine.

alphanumeric lcd spi

Nokia 3310 display:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

nokia i2c

If you are looking to get a keyboard to output i2c then take a look here:

**broken link removed**

There is info there about the keyboard as well as code for the z80 microprocessor that will control a keyboard. There is another section on the same website that gives code for a communication using a PIC microcontroller. You may be able to use some of the PIC Code to accomplish what you are trying to do. Notice though that the code is not I2C as is. It will need some refinement. The explanation of the keyboard is pretty thorough.

-Cullen Logan-

lcd i2c nokia

Have build one. A LCD and keyboard connected to a PCF8574.

Check my homepage at

**broken link removed**

go to hardware LCD display

Have fun

Ben Zijlstra

spi lcd driver

hi

have look at this graphic t6963 used with pic in serial mode and I2C mode

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.