Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for low input voltage microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

swanann2000

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Low Input Voltage

Hi all!

I want to know if there are any uC that can work at 0.5<1V aprox. It is not important that it could be of 4bits.

thanks in advance.!!!

Low Input Voltage

no uc will work at that voltage unless you are talking about A/D input then yes you can and i'd go for the 10 bit A/D it also depends what you want to do or display you can use a op-amp to boost teh voltage hope that helps if i have understood what you was asking

wizpic

Re: Low Input Voltage

thanks for reply wizpic!

but i need a uC with a Vcc of 0.5-1.4, because i have a v source of about 1.4V and i don't want to use a boost to lose eficiency. It's to use in a portable application.

best regards

Try this link:

**broken link removed**

It is about 1.5V microcontrollers.

Low Input Voltage

I know the lowest Vcc is around 3.3V. Maybe you can use a switcher (DC to DC) to create 3.3 from a 1 V supply.

when you have low voltage mcu , you will need low volatge peripherals to connect

Low Input Voltage

MSP 430 has 1.8 V and some of the AVRs do .
You should not afraid of using boost as mciro will use only few dozens ua from battery . Even boost can be made very efficient without significant power loose (on switched capasitors and BJTs).

I use MAX 1674 (94% Efficient at 200mA Output Current, 16µA Quiescent Supply Current, 0.1µA Shutdown) or MAX856 (85% Efficiency at 100mA, 25µA Quiescent Current and 1µA Shutdown Mode) with 1 AA batery and AT MEGA 8L (at 3.3V ) - it's less then 2mA @ 1.5V AA supply current.

It's enough for handheld units , and You can use your favorite uC !

Think about it ...

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.