Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for linting tool that can manage two Types assign

Status
Not open for further replies.

klop

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
In my RTL I have two types of expressions which cause warnings in the linting tool(RHS width is not equal to LHS width):

Type_I assign A[7:0] = 'h2;
Type_II assign B[7:0] = {C[5:0],D[4:0]};

Does anybody know a linting tool which can distinct between these two kind of issues (in the log file issues of Type_I and Type_II should be named differently)
Thank you in advance.

Re: Tricky lintingn tool

why you do not prefer to fix the code to pass this king of rule?

Re: Tricky lintingn tool

According to IEEE 1364-2001:

The first token, a size constant, shall specify the size of the constant in terms of its exact number of bits. It
shall be specified as a non-zero unsigned decimal number. For example, the size specification for two hexadecimal
digits is 8, because one hexadecimal digit requires 4 bits. Unsized unsigned constants where the
high order bit is unknown (X or x) or three-state (Z or z) are extended to the size of the expression containing
the constant.

If high oreder bit is a digit (0 or 1) there is no requirement to pad most significand bits by zeroes. I.e. there is no difference between two issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back