Not open for further replies.

Puppet123

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am looking for a good tutorial online for PCB design, I dont really care about what software is used, I would prefer Cadence or Altium.

I find most of the tutorials online are very basic - I am looking for something intermediate to advanced for Analog/Mixed Signal Design or RF design.

Are their any good online resources people can recommend ? Or any good textbooks, or papers that can illustrate these concepts. I am looking for something with step by step examples using the software - not just theory.

Thank you.

There are lot of information about those PCB Design Packages on youtube for everyone.From novice to experts..
You should also play around a bit to learn deeper..

Search the forum, I and others have put up links to PCB design information. My std text file is getting a bit old and needs some serious updating but its a start...
You say intermediate or advanced, what sort of interfaces have you done in the past?
Of course a good start to PCB design is the IPC CID certification scheme if you are really serious, it's the only real qualification for PCB designers...

Attachments

• PCB related links.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 62

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

I am not looking for "theoretical" papers or resources, but actual complete video tutorials or trainings using software (Altium, Cadence) that show step by step examples.

I am looking for examples over 1GHz, again that do a complete example using the softwares I have indicated. I know there are many companies or individuals on the internet doing these trainings so I thought I would post here to ask if anyone thought any of them were helpful.

Theory I get, it is the softwares I want to use and learn with full examples.

Why am I looking for intermediate to advanced - because I find most of the examples posted are very simplistic and in most cases do not cover high frequency designs (over 1GHz) at all.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…