Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for info about transformer design techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtparekh

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Transformer design

Hello friends,

I want to learn the transformer design techniques & implement a transformer.

Is there some short-cut that if we only electrical parameters i.e i/p & o/p voltage,i/p & o/p current and maximum frequency of operation we can get the core shape & material,no. of primary and secondary(turns) windings, and the gauge of the wire to be used.

magnetics is much more complicated but still if there is some handy method let me know
Some useful books or links regarding the transformer design will be very helpful

thanks & best regards

Re: Transformer design

Are talking about a line transformer or SMPS transformer.
For the fist, there are simplified formulas you can use to design it, fairly quickly. The second is not so easy to design.

Transformer design

In the seccion:
Eda E-books upload/download
you can find some good books

There are no short cuts, when we visit a transformers factory they told us that one employee need one year of experience to start designing a transformer. It is a french factory, Balteou Electronics.

Of all electronic devices the more dificult one is the inductor and even more the transformer.
For a 60Hz or 50Hz sinusoidal wave shape it is easy but for the rest it is not easy.

Re: Transformer design

thanks for the reply,

I want to design a smps transformer so please suggest the basic and fundamental links/theory to design the same.

Thanks & Best Regards

Transformer design

for example:

primary voltage=220v
secondary voltage=12v
secondary load =5A
Power = 60W
use feromagnetic core E+I

section of Core = √Power = √60=aprox 8cm²
freqenty of mains/sectinof core =number of sp/volt
50/8=6.3 sp/v

nr of sp/v of primary =220*6,3=1386
nr of sp/v of secundary = 12*6.3=75.6

this is a very quik metod to calculated of mains transformer, of course diameter of conductor whill choise too feet your need and accept the current
please excuse my language

i want to learn design transformer...
if i never learn about transformer,can i learn my self on here??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back