Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for good tutorial on CPLD/FPGA design

Status
Not open for further replies.

asdfaaa

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
CPLD design

I would like to get a good tutorial on CPLD/FPGA design. Pls. let me know about the best material available on this in the forum or elsewhere

Re: CPLD design

go to Xilinx
download the step by step tutorial
it's good for beginner
good luck

Re: CPLD design

If you want tutorial about their artitecture I can upload a pdf tutorial here for you but if you want a tutorial about their programming I think Xilinx and Atmel web site can help you about it.

CPLD design

I think if you are a beginnar, you had better do some labs about common logic circuits.
this need a process step by step.

CPLD design

If you intend to design with cpld or fpga, somehow you'll need to learn a language (Either Verilog or VHDL).
A good interactive tutorial is the Esperan one.. Takes you by the hand and brings you to an acceptable level. (http://www.esperan.com/)

Following you'll need to synthesise your design using a sort of compiler (Precision Synthesis, FPGA compiler etc).. Basically a tool which let you CHOOSE whatever silicon you wishes to use.

Then after writting your first adder or whatever, you'll need to simulate your design to insure it will actually 'run' (Modelsim is pretty good)
The physical view comes in second place.. I mean Xilinx, Altera, Actel, Cypress or whatever..)

A big mistake is to 'jump' on a point tool provided by the silicon vendor. Most of their macros 'locks' you with them and you end up not being able to shift from one silicon vendor to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.