Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for friends who study DC-DC boost covernter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sissi

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
caspoc dc-dc conveter based project

hi,
I am studying dc-dc boost converter and want to look for friends who do the same subject. We can exchange experiences , enjoy data and make progress!

sissi

Dear sissi :

If you have any question, I glad to discuss with you.
I will try to help you.

mpig

Hi Sissi,

Nice to meet you ^O^

Please feel free to raise questions and we could learn through discussion.

Will

hi
iam also discuss with you.
I will try to help U.

satya

Hi all,
I am very very glad to meet you. :DYou are so kind.
I am now doing a current mode boost converter for white led . now my questions are:
1 how to simulate the main system and the whole control circuits, using maltab, pspice or spectre?
2 how to sense the inductor current. I have downdloaded some papers. but they all use a sensing transistor to sense the current of the power transistor. Does anyone have the 30V power transistor process model or where could i download ?

Regards

sissi

Answer the first question: i use spectre to simulate switch power circuit.
Answer the second question: u may also use resistor to sense the current of power transistor. Concerning the 30V model, what is your power transistor? Bipolar transistor, MOS transistor, LDMOS or VDMOS?

You can also use a LPF to sense the inductor current.

Hi,
I simulated the modules with BICMOS process model, but the power transistor of the BiCMOS model is only 9V, so it is not suited for the spec. I think I will use mos transistor or LDMOS. So i am seeking the power transisitor process model and hope someone give me a hand.
I think the current sensing circuit should be integrated in IC. the method of some papers is scaling down the current of power transistor. Other methods out of the ic are not good.

regards
sissi

hi all,
i have a question.why do many designs of converter use BiCMOS process?
regards,
sissi

hi all,
i have a question.why do many designs of converter use BiCMOS process?
regards,
sissi
Normally, the voltage reference block and error amplifer block in the DC-DC converter is designed with bipolar device, the reason is these two block circuits need to have high open loop gain, only the bipolar device can meet this requirement!
But for the output block, it utilize MOS device. The reason is MOS device have very small Ron,so it can realize high converter efficiency.

Pls correct me if i am wrong!

Nice to meet you !
I am involved DC-DC project now .

hi, huojinsi,
i think it is very reasonable.
reguard,
sissi

Simulating SMPS in spice is still problematic, there are convergence problems with spice packages.
Try Caspoc.

Hello

Let me in!

I am a specail interest learner for SMPS power supplies.

Regards

hi,

Count me in.
I'm interested in all kinds of dc-dc conveter.

James Ko

Hi,all
I am glad that there are so many friendswho have interested in my discussion.
TO James Ko
what readings about the boost CCM with current mode is difficult to stabilize because of RHP zero?
if someone has papers about current mode boost converter,could you send them to me?
my email:liantian80@sina.com

Regards
sissi

who cause the RHP zero for CCM boost converter? the inductor?
Does the inductor be included when you calculate the transfer function for CCM boost converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back