Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for documents for building DVI interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVI Interface

Does someone have these two standards ?

VESA E-EDID and E-DDC standards

regards

YUV - you say that you must supply DDC data otherwise teh graphics card will not turn on, i was under the impression that if you are running in low level pixel format edid data does not have to be read. i am working on a project now where low level pixel format is good enough so i was just going to leave the ddc unconnected. i am going to look into it more to make sure,

if anyone has the VESA E-EDID and E-DDC standards i would also be interested.

alffnot said:
YUV - you say that you must supply DDC data otherwise teh graphics card will not turn on, i was under the impression that if you are running in low level pixel format edid data does not have to be read.
Dear alffnot! I worked with a lot of graphic cards from Martox and ATI.
All of them didn't supply any signals on DVI interface without EDID info provided by monitor.
Resolution doesn't mean. You have to provide EDID data even using low-pixel mode.

yuv- what do you use then to supply the edid, i can't seem to find any info about how it is done becuase i can't find teh standards. any recommendations on where i can find some more info about it. thanks alot

I use a simple 24c01 EEPROM.
For its content you should study VESA E-EDID and E-DDC standards as it was told early.

Is it possible to make a feedback to slightly change the PLL

Is it possible to make a feedback to slightly change the PLL of the DVI clock: by hardware or by software ( via DirectX )?

Re: Is it possible to make a feedback to slightly change the

spktu said:
Is it possible to make a feedback to slightly change the PLL of the DVI clock: by hardware or by software ( via DirectX )?
I don't understand what does it mean "feedback".
Pixel clock is strongly defined by EDID. Of course, EDID can contain descriptions of several modes with different resolutions and you can choose.
If you are talking about slight adjusting the pixel clock, then change EDID and restart system to read new EDID.
I think, you can't adjust DVI clock by software. Anyway, I have never seen a driver, which could do that.

hi, i have a "DVI Whitepaper", maybe it will useful. give me your e-mail,i can send
it to you

you can visit www.siimage.com

to find some document.

best regards

Phytex said:
Hi,

I want to build a DVI Interface in a @ltera Stratix Device. But at first I need some Dokumentation about the DVI Standart. Can somebody help me and say me were I can find some dokuments about it??

THX, Phytex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back