Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for detailed specification of dual head USB cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcelvia

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to make a USB dongle. According to USB 2.0 spec, max 500mA can be driven from one device. But I am afraid it may not be enough. I have seen some USB hard disk using a dual head USB cable to double the power supply. I would like to know if anyone has detailed spec of the cable. Does it mean 1000mA will be supplied? And what the dual head USB cable doing actually? It just connects the power pins of two ports together? Thank you so much.

dual head usb cable

What i believed these days is that, if you use a dual connector USB, your PC motherboard will not get loaded. otherwise, it max. current from the single USB port, so over the time the chances of USB port failure is more due to excess power drawn for long period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back