Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a VHDL compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

akedar

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need VHDL compiler can anybody help me

Re: VHDL

you can enter the site of mentorgraphics company and download any version of

modelsim

mentor graphics doesn't offer any free or trial version of modelsim.The Xilinx ISE doesn't have the libraries for Altera,Actel,Lattice,Quicklogic FPGA.So if you are targetting any of these FPGAs you can only go for behavioral simulation,you dont have the choice to run post synthesis and post pnr simulation.As for VHDL you can go for a trial version of VHDL Simili 3.0 from www.symphonyeda.com which is nearly same in appearance and competence like Mentor Graphics Modelsim.
Bye

You can try altera quartus II web edition software. By the way i think you can obtain a starter license for modelsim...Of course ISE webback is a very good option too...I advise one of these 3 choises...

U can also download libero IDE 7.2, which comes with Modelsim. U can use that for simulation and with the rest of the tools u can a do a full fpga flow also.

**broken link removed**

Hi
If you want to do very complex and high purity designs I think the xilinx Ics are better than the others and for compiling and simulation the below softwares are the bests:
XILINX ISE 8.1I, XILINX EDK 8.1I, and all related products of MENTOR GRAPHICS COMPANY.
But it may be some trouble in preparing these softs but I have download them with sharing softwares.
I hope it can help you.
Be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.