Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for a tool to simulate ferrite device

Status
Not open for further replies.

sviodo

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ferrite structures

Hi, I'm confused in choice of a tool :> because i need to simulate ferrite device with longitudinal homogenous magnetization. I remember that hfss needs an extra module to analyse such structure, but i was wondering if you have any good experience and would like to recommend another tool?

With Regards,

no one had experience in ferrite devices analysis? can't belive it :) maybe you can just point one: CST MWS or HFSS ?

Hi, sviodo,
I can only point you to look closer into MWS 4, there is feritte circulator. I haven't experience with ferrite devices, sorry.
Eirp

In CST you can define ferite structures and set external magnetic field vector so you can simulate longitudinal homogenous magnetization 8)

I am not an expert on ferrites either, but I will say that a former coworker of mine did some simulations of ferrite circulator in CST v4 and the results were drasticly different than measured. CST support said they fixed some of these problems in the later releases, but I would be careful.

Re: ferrite structures

XFDTD interface is the best for ferrite structures, which is based in the FDTD method.It is very expensive though.

peterpsomos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back