Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Load regulation for this DC-DC conveter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angy

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Datasheet shows for 25% to full load output value should vary from +/- 2 %

My question is what is the full load (Resitance value) in this case.

http://datasheet.elcodis.com/pdf2/98/5/980576/mgdm-20.pdf

My input voltage is 27 V and output is ideal 3.3V but getting 3.7V. I have put a load of 13.7Ω to drop the ouput voltage to 3.54V
How should i calculate load regulations

The datasheet has a couple of places which state that for 3.3V it provides 4A. This calculates as load resistance = 0.825 ohm.

output is ideal 3.3V but getting 3.7V

One cause for this might be that your feedback loses 0.4V by the time it reaches the IC. Causing the IC to output a higher voltage than you want. (Just speculating.)

Do you tap for feedback at the proper wire?

Or suppose you were to mix in a higher voltage? Create a resistor network that adds 0.4V to the feedback wire at the IC. Then you ought to get 3.3V. (Safeguards may be needed in the resistor network.) Again just speculating.

My input voltage is 27 V and output is ideal 3.3V but getting 3.7V. I have put a load of 13.7Ω to drop the ouput voltage to 3.54V
How should i calculate load regulations
You didn't tell which MGD type you have, but 3.3V full load current is either 2 or 4A. 13.7 ohm load is below 25 % load in any case (either 6 or 12 %), so there's no applicable load regulation specification in the datasheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back