Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LNA output matching network

Status
Not open for further replies.

brjaiswal

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How do you determine the LNA output inductor(Ld) and capacitor (CL) value? I am using LC network to match output impedance of 50 ohm. My resonant freq. is 5.25GHz.

Please give me some ideas.

Last edited:

You need to simulate using DC block and DC Feed to match the impedance

what do u you mean by DC block and DC feed? Can you please explain it in detail?

i think it determined by two factor .first:the voltage gain at this frequency should be the maximum. second:you need achieve match at you intereted frequency. I think you can add a very big inductor at drain(10nH),and then measure the ouput impedance, then use a software like ADS to find the output match network ,usually is a parralel inductor and series capacitor .....i am a freshman.maybe we can discuss it furture

I tried 7nH inductor and 500uF capacitor and getting 238 ohm output impedance, now how should I match to 50 ohm?

what software you using ?

- - - Updated - - -

You need to find out the impedance of your LNA, then do matching with Smith Chart

I am using synopsis HSIM (hspicerf - cosmoscope).

Thank for reply

I never use that before
You can find from net for the guide whether does it support any smith chart utilities in it.If yes, then it will make your work easier a lot

there are many small softwall to calculate match network with smithchart , i use "Smith V2.00", it is very convenient , and i calculate for you , the Drain inductor is 1.79nH, and series capacitor is 420f F ,thanks

LNA Output Matching Circuit is designed so that conjugate matching condition is satisfied.But it should be remembered that for minimum NF, input matching circuit must be optimized and therefore output
matching should also be optimized because of interaction between these two.For this, Noise Circles should carefully be examined and the other circles for input/output matching,gain,stability too..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back