Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM35 (DZ) problem with output

Status
Not open for further replies.

geobabu

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Please help me regarding the problem facing with LM35 (DZ) temperature Sensor interfacing. Normally the LM35 provides an o/p @ 10mV/°C .

I had connected a LM35, V+ to 5V, and with a DMM , Vout pin shows around 2.7V ~ 2.85V, while I am expecting around .26 ~ .29mV @ room temperature. Other thing is when the temperature increases , the voltage is gradually decreasing and vice versa. When I connected a 1K resistor across, Vout & GND, the 2.7V ~ 2.85V range reduced to ~ .54, its decreases as temperature rises.

Also I didn't connect the o/p to any other device like opamp/ADC.

I got the same results with another sensor also. I think, something wrong over here. Please help me to find out the issue.

Thanks in Advance.
Geo

maybe its better if you show your schematic..
if you see the datasheet, you will see that you should put resistor between vcc and input..

CMIIW

Ensure that you have connected the V+ to 5V and GND to Ground. The datasheet shows the bottom view of the device.

At room temperature of say 25C, you should get 250 mV.

Cheers

Ravi

It is quite straight forward and pretty simple.
Have you referred the application circuit in the data sheet clearly ? an i think you are expecting .26V and not .26mV @ room temperature

Last edited:

connect a 0.1uF capacitor across the power supply and also across your o/p and gnd teminal....

Status
Not open for further replies.