Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lithium ion cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferbo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

We have a lithium ion pack with its own BMS made for us and we want to make the insulating and protective box for it.

I found the films such as kapton polymide films that conduct the heat but not electricity to wrap around the pack. and we can 3d print a box for it. But I don't know if this will be enough for keeping it cool, fireproof and protected from vibrations.

I don't have any experience in manufacturing battery packs so I would appreciate any advice on any material to use around the pack.

Thank you :)

If the enclosure is of translucent material, then you can mount led's just inside, as visual indicators of charge/discharge status, voltage, etc.
Thank you Brad but the visual indication is not important for us since we communicate with BMS through CAN bus and take the information elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.