Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Linking Matlab files and changing results to linear form

Status
Not open for further replies.

gundam

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need help on Matlab

Hi,

Could I like to ask for advices on some questions regarding the matlab?

1)FirstlyI generate an result from one matlab file and I need to use this result for another matlab file, is there any way that I can link them up?

2)The result that I have obtained in the 1st file is in a matrix form, is there any way that we can change the result into linear form. The reason why I need to do this is that the matrix dimension don't agree with each other when I use the result for an equation at next file.

Thanks a lot

Need help on Matlab

Say the matrix generated in 1st m-file is stored as the following variable:

A = [a b c; d e f]

You can use 'save' command to save the variable A into a MAT file.

Then, in 2nd m-file, use 'load' to load the variabled stored in the MAT file. Then you can manipulate the matrix, e.g. to assing the row of the matrix to another variable.

Another option:
You can write the file name of the 2nd m-file at the end of the 1st m-file. In this case, you can manipulate the matrix without requiring to save it into MAT and load again later.

Re: Need help on Matlab

gundam said:
Hi,

Could I like to ask for advices on some questions regarding the matlab?

1)FirstlyI generate an result from one matlab file and I need to use this result for another matlab file, is there any way that I can link them up?

fopen function

gundam said:
2)The result that I have obtained in the 1st file is in a matrix form, is there any way that we can change the result into linear form. The reason why I need to do this is that the matrix dimension don't agree with each other when I use the result for an equation at next file.

change the dimension such as A= A'

Thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back