Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Linear Voltage regulator with 1% or better accuracy over inustrial temperature range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Linear Voltage regulator with 1% or better accuracy over industrial temperature range

I'm looking for a linear voltage regulator 0.5A output @ 5.0Vdc, accuracy needs to be +/-1% or better over entire industrial temperature range. Input voltage will be between 12 and 24Vdc.

Prefer the simplicity of a 7805 style regulator, with better accuracy. Does such a component exist, and if so part #?

And if not, circuit suggestions for improving the accuracy of a 7805 style regulator?

Thank you

Last edited:

You'll have to use an external reference, which will provide feedback to an adjustable regulator.

There was a Linear Tech app note where they outlined the use of an external reference and a LM317-type regulator.

Reactions: Jester

Jester

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

Go to manufacturers homepage and use selection tools.
I just tried TI and it gave more than 15 hits.
Try TLV1117.

Klaus

Reactions: Jester

Jester

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
klausST,

I found the same part using TI's selector. This looks ideal, and inexpensive as well. I'm going to go with it.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back