Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Light intensity control using analog dc 0-6V

Status
Not open for further replies.

caedrean

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Currently I have a CMM machine controlled by a software. This software can also allow the computer to communicate with a external light controller device. Since I'd like to make the external light controller myself, I'd like to seek for advice on how to built this device. Please refer to the details shown below:

1) LIGHT SIGNAL OUTPUT FROM THE COMPUTER-
It consist of 2 signals to the external light controller. These 2 signals are: 0vdc-6vdc analog signal and ground. The value of 0vdc-6vdc analog signal can by varied (controled using the software) so as to control the light intensity.

2) EXTERNAL LIGHT-
I have a LED lighthing that can operate at 3.6V and draws a 0.36A of current. I have a power supply that can provide 12V for this LED lighthing (i'm aware that a resistor is needed to limit the current).

3) INTERFACING BETWEEN THE COMPUTER AND THE EXTERNAL LED LIGHTHING-
The software suppose to varie the value of the light signal between 0vdc-6vdc, in order to control the intensity of the LED lightning.

CONCLUSIONS:
If I were to build a light controller based on the above information. what will be the suitable component used for this device? Will it be transistor, op-amp, dc-dc convertor, or others? Please indicate the model and name of the component/s that you have suggested if possible.
Please advice. Thank you.

Best Regards,
caedrean

Status
Not open for further replies.