Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Life of New Electronic Garage Remotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

hania911

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is the new smart locks and garage remotes are compatible and secure? I think the life of these products is less than the traditional locks. And I also want to learn about RFID key fobs and HID fobs what is the difference between them?

Even if they last longer than you expect, they're not going to deliver the same performance after 10 years, even with routine maintenance. Typically, electric garage door openers have a lifespan of 10 to 15 years.or traditional or and traditional locks have a longer life than Electronic Garage Remotes.

What are RFID key fobs?
The RFID key fob has two components: (1) a microchip that stores the data such as the unique ID and (2) An antenna which is usually a coiled wire to receive and transmit data. These plastic key fobs are categorized by the frequency band in which it operates mainly in LF and HF.

What are HID fobs?
HID Global's Seos® Key Fob is a credential that delivers the same level of security as a smart card in a convenient, portable key fob form factor. ... This advanced technology enables secure access via mobile devices and the ability to efficiently manage multiple applications.

Different between RFID key fobs & HID fobs
The basic difference between both are:- the RFID key fobs are operated by LF & HF but the HID fobs key are operated by advanced technology in mobile devices.

I listened to that HID key fobs are not much secure, anyone can duplicate the code of it or can hack it. Please recommend me to choose the best fob type.

Status
Not open for further replies.