Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

life of CMOS technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogeret

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am majoring in analog RF design, but I'm confused about the future of this technology, could u help me analyze it.
As we know, now 28nm process technology has been used in digital design,so which level of the process technology will the reached in the future and how fast will that happen? In the future the process technology may becomes too hard to be implemented then the CMOS technoloy may die. I worry about this unavoidable change would also happen in analog field and lead what I've learnt useless in the near future, say 6 years.
And, how about changing to the DSP or computer architecture realm because I'm also fond of the two ones.
Maybe this is not a smart question but it is really critical to myself. Thanks for any comments.

I remember myself from about 1952. I was born in a village where there was no thinking of any advancement in any field except for the Agriculture. There was only one Radio in within whole the village though I was from a leading family of the village. This Radio had to have a long antenna and a ground connection. This was the highest technology of the universe. Then my father migrated to a city (a big city of the present time) and I saw the whole development and witnessed it and when I saw the first transistor Radio in 1960 people were saying its the end of development but now even I am not able to compare the development to that time which I am facing right now. I spent about 40 year in the Electromedical engineering and every coming moment was an astonishing on the development and research on the Human body. These all explorations told me every moment thats the end of Technology but it never stopped. When we were taught about the MRI, earlier NMRI (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging) we were once for all again surprised about the research. Typing this whole story means IT IS JUST OUR THINKING ABOUT THE RESEARCH TO ENDING but there is no end to it, as the human mind is meant to keep on exploring the things created by the BIGGEST CREATOR which still not known to us. So please never think about the impossibilities as the Universe is full of IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBILITIES. If one thing comes to its highest limit an other thing takes its place to keep the implementations to GO ON.
Yes thinking about the expanding field is a different thing. You can analyze yourself from the past, which field will be on High move and which will get slower on its road.
I think I could say some thing which may give a better thinking road to go.

thanks for your story. it does give me some fresh thinking. thank u.
yes, of course, keeping thinking and doing research is an interesting experience and it could excite our souls all the time.
but, it can not be denied that most of the academic research is pushed and supported by business interest. what i really worried about is that, if the CMOS realm cannot get enough supported by corporation in 6 years, how i can continue in my loving research.
if i choose to continue to do research in analog or digital or RF CMOS, could u give me some advice or some suggestion about the research direction.
best wishes.

Last edited:

OK, u can ignore my second question , i have known what i should do. Yes, think and explore. What is more , I love the sentence "IT IS JUST OUR THINKING ABOUT THE RESEARCH TO ENDING".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back