Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LG DVD Player Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhanumurthy

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have a LG DVD player and for the past few days when i play a DVD or CD, the player after sometime is stopping automatically and after few mins(2 to 3 mins) is again starting on its own. And this process is continuing.
What may be the problem?Is it due to fault CD's or due to any technical problem within my DVD? Kindly advice
Regards
Bhanumurthy.

When the problem occurs, listen closely to the sounds the DVD player is making. Is it a continuous spiining sound of the spindle motor? Or do you hear an intermittent reving of the laser sled motor?

If you hear an intermittent reving of the laser sled, then it appears that the player is searching for the proper track on the DVD. It keeps returning for to the index track to get the proper coordinates, but when it gets to that location it cannot find what it is looking for.
If it does this on several or all DVDs and CDs including pre-recorded ones, then I would suspect that the laser is dying. The beam is either no longer strong enough, or cannot be focused well enough to read the data properly. You can try cleaning the laser lenses, but unless it is in a very dusty environment, that will probably be of little help. If player has seen only limited use, then perhaps it could be re-aligned. If the player has had heavy use, then the laser is probably worn out and its time for a new player.

P.S. The reason it starts playing again after 2-3 minutes is that it kept continually searching from the index and finally found it.

Hi!!!
I had been a technician for a long time and exprience that kind of trouble...form my own I tried to change the flex or the ribbon wire attach to its laser or the whole laser.... in other trouble is a loose connection in your ribbon wire and in the supply of the motor...and maybe a loose connection to its power supply..tried to solder it at once or try to change the ribbon wire...giiks..!!!
Hope it will help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back