Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Level shifing - IC or amp ops , need schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

whee_man

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
avdd refecence dspic

Hi,

I've a dspic30f and i want to acquire an AC signal (+/- 10V) to do some amplitude and frequency analysis (up to the 40th harmonic - 2000kHz ).

How can i convert from a +/-10V signal to a 0V to +5V signal for ADC acquisition? Is there a IC capable of doing this job?

I suppose i can do this by using a couple amp ops (1 for offset, other with <1 gain), but i can't find any schematics for doing this.
Can someone help me?

Sorry for my bad English. :oops:

Rgds
Whee_man

Level shifing - IC

You can use of course "a couple amp ops", but two resistors (or possibly three, if you want to use the Avdd reference voltage for level shift) are sufficient.

Re: Level shifing - IC

FvM said:
You can use of course "a couple amp ops", but two resistors (or possibly three, if you want to use the Avdd reference voltage for level shift) are sufficient.

How would you mount the resistors? Can you supply the schematic for that suggestion?

Rgds
Whee_man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back