Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lef parse problem in encounter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrax747

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am loading a design in innovus by following commands and it is working fine

source xyz.globals

init_design

but when i do it in older version of encounter while readding tech lef the below error messages are coming.i need a fix to this problem,

Loading LEF file pqrs.lef...
ERROR (LEFPARS-1505): MANUFACTURINGGRID statement was defined before UNITS.
Refer the LEF Language Reference manual for the order of LEF statements. Error in file pqrs.lef at line 22, on token UNITS.
**ERROR: (ENCLF-3): Error found when processing LEF file 'pqrs.lef'. The subsequent file content is ignored. Refer to error messages above for details. Fix the errors, and restart 'Encounter' again.
Type 'man ENCLF-3' for more detail.
encounter 12> **ERROR: **ERROR: (ENCSYT-16013): Loading LEF file(s) failed, and has aborted. Refer to error messages above for details. Fix the errors, and restart again.

why it is showing syntax error ??

Isn't it a root cause ?

ERROR (LEFPARS-1505): MANUFACTURINGGRID statement was defined before UNITS.

Please check your lef file format and compare with standard format for UNITS and MANUFACTURINGGRID.
Their position seem to be reversed.

It was not defined like that. Even i tried interchanging those two lines, but it is showing this error.

Some times tool is stopping at other points. When it is fine in innovus but why not in encounter??

It was not defined like that. Even i tried interchanging those two lines, but it is showing this error.

Some times tool is stopping at other points. When it is fine in innovus but why not in encounter??

I have not used innovus, but please check the tool version.
Sometimes it happend because Lef is a new format and that syntax is supported in a certain version, older or newer than the one you are using.
I am not sure, but you can try to switch to latest version or older to check it.

Hi

Ya what you said is correct. But the error is not correct what tool is showing. Because manufacturing grid is succeeding units .

From where and by which tool the Lef file was created ?
Did you put some manual modification to the Lef ?

Normally, Lef made by tool A which version A1, after that read it by tool B, version B1,
please check the version of B which support by version of A.

Simply, read lef from A1 and change B version from B1 --> Bn. Any match happen ?
or change A version from A1 --> An and read with B1. Any match happen ?

If those switching version tries can not create a match, ask the tool vendors.

I have no idea other than that.

I did tkdiff between old lef which is supporting and new leaf which i am using.

Even though Syntaxes are same it is showing parse problem.

The defined variables are in same order.

I did tkdiff between old lef which is supporting and new leaf which i am using.

Even though Syntaxes are same it is showing parse problem.

The defined variables are in same order.

So, the issue is at another point.
Have you check the tool version as I mentioned ?

Hi

As i said in initial post only innovus is latest and i am using some older version.

Hi,

There is no any other points that I can see and jugde. Your situation is quite strange.
Now, if you have another LEF file that can be pasred by the 2 tools, let have a look to compare that one and the current one which cause the issue.

Sometimes, a "space" character would cause a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back