Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] led message display with 16f84a?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sukhoimg

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
i'am trying to build a panel that have the message HELLO with thèse dimensions 150*30 cm but i'am facing a problem .
the schematic below shows the leds of the letter H is there any mistake and would it work in realtiy and on a ditance of 50 cm from the control board?
View attachment e.bmp

Last edited:

Let us assume each legs of the Letter 'H' takes 8 LEds and the dash between the lines take 6 LEDs. Make a series parallel combination such that each series combination takes 12V with or without series resistors. Connect the anodes to + 12V and the cathodes to ULN. If you have 3 series branch of LEDs for the Letter H then each branch current will be 20 ma. 60 mA will be the max current. Each channel of ULN can sink 500 mA. If all the 5 letters of HELLO take approx 60 mA * 5 = 300 mA then all cathodes can be connected to one o/p of ULN. better use NPN TIPxx transistor which can handle 1A.

Last edited:

Let us assume each lega of the Letter 'H' takes 8 LEds and the dash between the lines take 6 LEDs. Make a series parallel combination such that each series combination takes 12V with or without series resistors. Connect the anodes to + 12V and the cathodes to ULN. If you have 3 series branch of LEDs for the Letter H then each branch current will be 20 ma. 60 mA will be the max current. Each channel of ULN can sink 500 mA. If all the 5 letters of HELLO take approx 60 mA * 5 = 300 mA then all cathodes can be connected to one o/p of ULN. better use NPN TIPxx transistor which can handle 1A.
but i want to use an 9 v power supply ?

Status
Not open for further replies.