Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED matrix display with PC interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

maizvandari

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys

I want to design a programmable LED matrix display which would be around 180cm x 50cm. It should be controlled by a normal motherboard, which would have a wi-fi card installed and connected to the internet. I want to use teamviewer or any other software to program it remotely.

As soon as I started with the project I was really surprised to see the cost of the LED matrix displays available in the market. The whole point of my project is to get it done as cheap as I can, if I end up soldering 2000 LEDs I don't mind, as long as they hold together and work I'll be a happy man.

If you have tried something similar please share your experience. I am a noob when it comes to LED, the brightness and current limiting factors are sensitive so I have no idea where to start from. Any reference on similar projects would be a great help. Thanks

Reading for start..........

HT1632 -- 32x8 & 24x16 LED Drive
**broken link removed**

2416 Dot Matrix Display Information Board
**broken link removed**

Driver library to support Holtek's HT1632 LED Driver IC on AVR micro controllers.
https://github.com/devdsp/HT1632-AVR

Arduino to 384 LED display module (MCU Interface)
**broken link removed**

Driving Matrix LEDs Using the HT1632 to Display an Animated Figure
**broken link removed**

LED Matrix Displays with the Prop
**broken link removed**

Designing an LED-Based Video-Display Board
**broken link removed**

48-Channel LED PWM Generator with 12-Bit Resolution and 50MHz Serial Interface
48-Channel LED PWM Generator with 12-Bit Resolution and 50MHz Serial Interface

"Peggy," A Light Emitting Pegboard Display
-How do you make it?
https://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/peggy