Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED / LCD / SW design help

Status
Not open for further replies.

baba_sanfur

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am working on a project that contains microcontroller with 12 GPIOs. I need to connect LCD + 12 LEDs + 4 keys to those GPIOs. So I'm thinking about the circuit I attached.

The LEDs / Keys / LCD will share operating time. The problem is the LEDs: those leds will be operated by pulses (reduce time / power consumption). In order to share "CPU" time for all those components, I would like to increase the current to the leds (the current pulse's amplitude) to make them brighter (low time share = lower brightness).
How can I connect the minimum possible drivers to the leds? (NPN + resistor ???)
Do you have better idea how to connect those components? (SPI / I2C / Shift reg are too expensive)

Thanks,
Nir

Status
Not open for further replies.