Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED DIODE Circuit

aatef17

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

i am coming to the end of my master's program and i have to design and build a system for measuring oxygene level in blood using optical measurement tools such as leds.
What are your tips and recommendation to build a circuit with Photodiods in order to use the same principle as in Oximetry.

Best,
Atef

Basically you need to 1) Reject CM in the measurement environment 2) Calibrate to insure absolute
accuracy 3) Address non linearities in signal path.....

Regards, Dana.

Attachments

• 1688590530942.png
    1688590530942.png
    256.1 KB · Views: 66
I'd guess that it's the relation between blood oxygen and optical
transmission @ wavelength that matters. That somebody has
applied a SoC (system-on-chip) level of complexity to the problem
likely means it's not consistent or easy to get calibration that holds
up across skin color, thickness, proximity to blood vessel and so on.

But it's probably more important to show an architecture and
discuss challenges, and then pick one to solve, than to solve
them all this semester. Might first get the E/O path figured out
and then look at its external impairments, and what you'd have
to "wrap around the engine" to make a working ride that meets
whatever the "care-abouts" are (boiling those down to electrical
and optical requirements, is probably a big piece of what's
expected, preceding any implementation).

Basically you need to 1) Reject CM in the measurement environment 2) Calibrate to insure absolute

Regards, Dana.
Thank you for your answer. I really appreciate it. I want to ask you about the calibration method. Is there any reference to do the calibraiton.

Are you allowed to use a microcontroller/Arduino? If yes, you can follow this design. Even if no, you can still get an idea from here:

This design is based on photo diode and IR LED. A Red LED is also there. Basically Oximeter calculates the percentage oxygen saturation in the blood on basis of amount of different light absorb in it. Oximeter has One photodiode and two LEDs one is Red LED & another one is InfraRed LED, both LEDs are switched one by one on a certain frequency.

Are you allowed to use a microcontroller/Arduino? If yes, you can follow this design. Even if no, you can still get an idea from here:

This design is based on photo diode and IR LED. A Red LED is also there. Basically Oximeter calculates the percentage oxygen saturation in the blood on basis of amount of different light absorb in it. Oximeter has One photodiode and two LEDs one is Red LED & another one is InfraRed LED, both LEDs are switched one by one on a certain frequency.
thenk you for your answer it is really helpful. I have to build a cuicuit before then i have to connect the circuit with microcontroller to read the data from the led. I have another isue i am not sure but how can i enhance the sensitivity of the sensor.

Regards, Dana.
Thank you for your answer but I dont know how to amplify the sensor sensitivity and how to make it precise to read data out of it. Another important point is the offset voltage and how to to handle the proble of the AC compoent of the measurement and last but not leaset how can i use the ADC in this project and which one is recommended ?

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: