Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lecturing Microcontrollers Module (need tips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnybgood

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there :)
After getting my B. Eng only recently. Now I need to put it into good use :)

I was asked to deliver a microcontrollers module to the level 5 students in the same institute where i studied.

I will be using the LPC2119 which is based on an ARM7-TDMI-S core where I will be covering the basic processor core and its features and basic peripherals: ADC, UART, Timers etc.
Which will be used later on for their final year project which they design and build themselves with some help from their Mentors. They will be covering advanced subjects such as CAN, I2C etc in two years time which is not in my syllabus. My job will be to familiarize them selves with the architecture, features and practical use of the peripherals with external environment.

Although I do not have much experience with this microcontroller and embedded systems in general I am really determined to deliver this module in an interesting and effective way.
My plan is to really transmit my passion I have for the subject and also the beauty and importance of embedded systems in todays world.

Having said that I intend to go into some detail in the processor architecture in order for the student to appreciate the difference from the CISC architecture such as the 8051 (T89C51AC) which they trained on in the previous two years. Therefore I want some practical suggestions on how I can demonstrate this difference by simple examples. The first thing that comes in mind is running the same blinky program with the same delay loops and demonstrating the difference in clock speed.

I am using three great books such as ARM system developers guide, ARM System-on-chip architecture and ARM ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE (Fundamentals and Techniques). The latter contains a lot of examples with explanations however they are targeted only for the ARM7.
I also appreciate any material involving the mentioned peripherals such as ADC since in the above mentioned books they are not tackled.

I appreciate also any general suggestions and Ideas for delivering this module in a creative and interesting way. Maybe someone with embedded systems experience might offer a skype interview which I will sure will be a great motivation for the students.

Feel free to add anything relevant to this post which others may find helpful :)

thanks a lot

jonny

u can contact me jagdish.ugale. Let us see what u do & what u require

Status
Not open for further replies.