Not open for further replies.

Electronican

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,
I'm electronics and telecommunications engineer.
I want to improve my knowledge of PCB design.
In this topic i will ask for solutions of my problems to improve my projects.

I'm doing my projects in Altium Designer.

First project is LCD controller.

I have problem with LCD footprint. I made the LCD footprint like this:

When i'm creating the PCB with this footprint i get the error notifications saying: "component clearance constraint". And when i put the components inside the LCD footprint all of the compnents are green, smth like that:

I'm thinking that smth wrong is with the height of the footprint. What will you suggest for that?

You are not allowed to put components on top of components; Altium is trying to prevent you from making a horrible mistake. If, in fact, your LCD sits above the board, and there is clearance between the LCD and the PCB, I would suggest you change your footprint.

You could alternatively create specific rule, as for example among two components preventing warning due to clearance constraint; take a look here: Creating a New Rule

If I understand, the LCD will be soldered into this board? Why not change the footprint to just the 16 pin connector? You can add the LCD outline to a mechanical layer if needed but as far as the PCB is concerned, it's just a connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…