Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LDO questions ( transistor Level design)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilbertomaldito

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi LDO masters,

I would like to ask a good reference from you since I need to do an LDO for my IC design with an input of 9.7v and required Vout of 5.5V.

I have done the simple LDO with PMOS and converter and 2 resistors. But my problem is how could I possibly put such High value resistors in my IC. I need information, advice on how to do this. My resistor values are 100 and 10500 ohms. 10500 ohms is too big inside the IC .

FYI, this is for Internal Voltage regulation inside the LED Driver I am designing. I have external regulator to produce 9.8V to power my IC but I need to have 5.5V as well to power my other circuits inside.

Need much help,

Andrew

if you want to save the chip area, pls use the large resistor! this can also help you decrease the LDO ground current. It is not practical to use the 100 ohm resistor!

the output of the regulator is the supply for my other circuits like OpAmp, inverter, etc... can you tell me the perfect value for the Resistor load?

10k resistors are not too big inside IC

Status
Not open for further replies.