Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lcd display repeats the same digit twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasekan@gmail.com

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, LCD display repeats the same digit twice, can you tell me the symptom for this error

Not enough information.

What type of microcontroller and LCD?

Can you post your code and schematics?

BigDog

hi, i was absent for long time,thats why i was unable to reply you in time, sorry forgive me.

lcd-jhd162a
microcontroller at89c51
here with i have attached my code and schematic

- - - Updated - - -

as my program has 86 kb it does not upload

- - - Updated - - -

i ve attached the schematic here

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment untitled1.JPG
hi i have attached the schematic here

- - - Updated - - -

tell me the way to post my code

View attachment untitled1.JPG

hi i am using at89c51 controller along with jhd162a while printing the number like 1234
it prints as 1133,this error does not happens always, only few times it prints correctly as 1234 ,but most of the time it prints with error as like 1133,even i ve changed the circuit board still it prints with the same error
please guide me to solve the problem
thanks in advance

- - - Updated - - -

but the same works well in proteus simulation

How do you maintain the LCD control timings? Do you use delays or do you wait for the busy flag to signal? In case you are using delays, try increasing the delay to see if timing is the problem.

Raj Gunaseelan

thanks for your prompt reply Raj Gunaseelan and nandhu015
tried so many times with busy flag checking with jhd162a LCD, but i did not get functioning of LCD.so i am using delay for LCD control timing,i have increased time delay but no use with that.
i have changed circuit board still error not eliminated
i have checked with another lcd display though error not eliminated
i simulated the code in keil software it works without error
i have simulated in proteus VSM the code works fine
so i think there may not be nothing wrong with my code is there any common error with AT89s52 or jhd162a? is these device are temperature Dependant?
few times i found the same project worked well in the night time but it never worked in the day time,this problem happens only when i pick data from the temporary RAM to display in the LCD, but no problem when the data is taken from EEPROM of controller to display.
if the code is needed, suggest me the way to up load the code. i could not upload in the EDA board form. code size is 83kb

Status
Not open for further replies.