Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD and PIC help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayaSlaya69

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody, i'm in desperate need of some help. Has anyone managed to interface one of the dsPIC30F's, in particular a dsPIC30F4011, with a standard 16x2 character LCD?

I want to use the LCD sa a debugging tool in my project but haven't had success with anything i've tried thus far. I've tried multiple libraries and adapting LCD code written for other PIC's but haven't managed to get any resuts.

Please don't think that i'm trying to take the easy way out, it's just that my vast inexperience coupled with a tight project deadline makes trying to figure out and write code from scratch a nearly impossible task. So if anyone can help me out with some sample code or examples or even point me in the direction, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.