Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Layer Fundamentals, layer stack for decals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebs57

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Layer Fundamentals

Can one or more experts please briefly describe the general layer stack for decals?

I am working in/fighting with PAD$ 2005 SP2 and I've constructed several basic shapes that have a top copper. Many times this non-electrical shape is converted to silk because its on a surface layer but sometimes I've created a polygon in the silkscreen layer and left the topside/bottomside layers purely electrical.

I would be very interested in what is "standard" for the US market: Do all top non-electrical shapes get converted to silkscreen or is it more "professional" to make a discreet silkscreen layer and overlay your electrical layers?

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,

- Wang

Layer Fundamentals

i think you are talking about footprint creation in PADS..

i have earlier used pads and following are the things you should provide while creating a footprint.

example 8 pin soic
1) pads must be placed on top electrical
2) silkscreen will be drawn on SST ( silkscreen top layer)
3) Assembly must be drawn on AST (Assembly top layer)
4) Reference designator labels on top and assembly layer must be placed.

these are the basic steps to be done while creating the footprint.
its upto you who has to decide what should be present on which layer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back