Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LARGE STEPPER DRIVER!!! WHAT WILL BE MODIFICATION I NEED???

Status
Not open for further replies.

skb7414

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
l298 replacement

Hello everybody,
pls have a look at this link.
https://www.st.com/stonline/products/literature/ds/1334.pdf

It is a l297-l298 combination for driving a stepper motor.
And from the diagram it seems sequence are generated from L297 it self....M i right???

Now I want to use only L298 as my stepper driver , in which sequence is generated by my microcontroller 89s52..... Is it possible to do??
And if yes , what will be the modification I will need in that L298 circuit????

pls tell me........

large stepper drivers

Yes you can.
You only feed the sequnce from the microcontroller to the brdige inputs. If you intend to make use of current limiting, you should be able to sense the current using a resistor. This is an anlog signal which needs an ADC which is not present in 89c52. You may think of some external circuit to do the current limiting if you insist in 89c52.

Good luck

stepper driver egypt

regarding L297 and L298N...below link is my own experience..

Code:

if u need any further questions.. u can ask.. i already use it for sometimes now....

regards,
sp

89c52 stepper driver

Hey SP,
Thank you very much for your reply, i read whole article it will be very usefull for me now.

But one onether prob is that, L298 and L297 is not available in my city.
Can you pls tell me, which chip can be substituted with L298????????? Its little bit urgent. pls reply

l298n replacement

i think L298N come side by side wth L297... it is hard to find a direct replacement...

y not buy online??...

my suggestion would b ULNxxxx series.. the ULN is buffer n inverter IC... dunno can work not...

i think ST is very famous... u find properly in ur region.. or u can book wth the electronics shop...

to be honest... ST produce lotssssssss of defective chip.... almost 1/5 chips is defect so far... n the IC from ST are quite expensive...

any other suggestion?.. i still think online buy is better solution...

warm regards,
sp

Re: LARGE STEPPER DRIVER!!! WHAT WILL BE MODIFICATION I NEED

ULN2003 is not a direct replacement of L298. But you still can use it to drive uniploar stepper motors. Note that the L289 drives bipolar steppper motors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back