Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

large magnetic field, small equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fractional-N

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can I have a large magnetic field (say 1 tesla) in a small area produced by a small equipment?

please advise.

Fractional-N said:
can I have a large magnetic field (say 1 tesla) in a small area produced by a small equipment?
What do you mean by "small equipment" ? Please tell us more about your technical specifications...

Regards

Fractional-N

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
if I use a (traditional) coil to produce such a great magnetic field, the coil would be too large. I want to know if there is another method of large magnetic field generation that makes the equipment much smaller.
thanks

discharge a high voltage pulse capacitor into a coil to get 20.000 amps of current or more, and you will get a tesla! but for less than 1usec of duration...

the coil will more likely explode by the magnetic forces, but hey, that is worth a try!

Fractional-N

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back