Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laptop WiFi connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solar000

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,I have a problem with WiFi recently.I connect with my laptop to my router with WiFi but after a while it stops or gets very slow especially when watching videos or downloading/uploading and i have to disconnect and connect again.Then it works for some time until it gets stuck again.
So i thought that it will be a problem of router,or of the laptop adapter or maybe a bad line.
I tried a usb network adapter to check the wireless of router.With the usb it works fine.No stuck.
With an ethernet cable also works fine.
So my guess is that it's the WiFi adapter of the laptop.What do you think?Should i change the wireless network adapter of my
laptop with a new one or maybe its something else?

Solar000 Also I have this problem. I test my laptop at another network and it was fine but when I try to connect it to Zyxel router , sometimes it have problem. I think this problem related to compatibility between your laptop wifi and your router. please check your laptop at another network!

I think this problem related to compatibility between your laptop wifi and your router. please check your laptop at another network!

Davoud,i didn't have this problem before,with the same laptop and router.Only the last 1-2 months.With a usb wireless network adapter works without stopping,so the router is ok.Same with cable i am using now.With laptop's wireless i must disconnect every little while and connect again to continue.
For example i hear a song from youtube and after 2-3 minutes it stops,it doesn't open sites(loading for much time) and i click disconnect then connect again and the song continues :(

I will check the laptop with another network and if it does the same,then it's the wireless network adapter of my laptop that has a problem i think.

There are various utility programs that might help you track down a problem.

Your laptop's network monitor utility (in Control Panels). You can watch whether connection speed changes, packet numbers changing, etc.

Did your network card come with a utility that shows connection speed? Etc.

Did your wifi router come with a utility which shows you all its operating parameters? Such as transfer speed, how many people are currently using it? Etc.

You may find a setting that needs to be changed. It requires some know-how about what you're doing of course.

Brad,i can see some of the things you say from my browser when i log in to the router(down speed,up speed,connected devices etc.
But when it stops i cant log in to the router interface.

Do you think i can try to reset the router to default and test again?

Some problems can be cured by disconnecting all power for a few minutes. Let circuits fall back to zero.

I get the idea it helps occasional problems with my router when things get quirky (although I cannot prove anything has changed).

Have you checked whether revised drivers have come out? For the router or the wifi card.

Also try a pinging function (if provided in your router utility or network card utility).
Test ping times with wireless and ethernet. See what amount of time each reports.

uninstall/reinstall your wifi card driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.