Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

laptop suggestion....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohail qureshi

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
m enginering student......plz suggest me a laptop, which contains alot of features, that help me alot....!!! tnx in advance

There are a lot of features and prices, but you must respond the question, how much money do you have?. For lighter weight consider a netbook. Less expensive than a laptop, smaller screen may be unacceptable, however, netbooks lack a DVD/CD drive. On the other hand, I have an HP and ACER laptops, which are really good, HP has good memory and turion processor is good for long simulations, but ACER is not so good for simulations but battery time is longer.

There are a lot of features and prices, but you must respond the question, how much money do you have?. For lighter weight consider a netbook. Less expensive than a laptop, smaller screen may be unacceptable, however, netbooks lack a DVD/CD drive. On the other hand, I have an HP and ACER laptops, which are really good, HP has good memory and turion processor is good for long simulations, but ACER is not so good for simulations but battery time is longer.

i have 40000 ruppess....what do you think about DELL, is it better than HP and ACER...???

In Dell can fully customize your laptop based on your requirements. In other brands, they have their specific models having almost fixed configuration. I am using SONY Vaio from 4 year. No problem heating problem, fan doesn't make noise at all. It is awesome. But It is costly compared to dell and other brands.

In Dell can fully customize your laptop based on your requirements. In other brands, they have their specific models having almost fixed configuration. I am using SONY Vaio from 4 year. No problem heating problem, fan doesn't make noise at all. It is awesome. But It is costly compared to dell and other brands.
whose battery time is longer...?? DELL, ACER or SONY vaio....................????

Battery time for both Sony Vaio and Dell is good. This again depends on your hardware configuration i.e. processor, RAM size, graphics card etc. I have no idea about acer.

I have a dell 1545 bought when it was introduced in Pakistan.It has 2Gb RAM core2 Duo processor 400Gb hard drive DVD combo drive. Overall battery time is good.15 inch TFT HD display is very nice.But i hate its DVD drive, it needs lens cleaning after 3 to 4 disks played.
But it is not a big issue and may only be with my unit.
Since new Models of Dell are now available in Pakistan with I cores but are for sure beyond your budget and will cost you in range of 65,000 to 70,000. Dell 1545 and 1550 still be in the range of your budget. Mine cost me 57,000 when i purchased it. Now being old models prices must be much lower.
One more thing never buy a used laptop untill and unless you personally know the seller and trust his deeds.

We need to know your budget. Of course there are many laptops today and it has a superb features like Dell, Sony, Acer etc. How much is your budget?

for when you experiment with micro-controller circuits, a serial port is a very useful peripheral, because its far easier/simpler to
implement a serial connection than it is USB.
Sadly, fewer laptops feature serial port and and the USB/serial converters are not quite as good unfortunately......

for DVD, may I suggest use external USB DVD drive (it needs its own power source) much more reliable, and really you don't end up using it so often
and USB sticks are better. Built-in DVD drives are lightweight built and do seem to fail eventually and are expensive to replace.

Laptops today are so inexpensive but powerful. Core i3 or i5 by Intel are power saving and full of processing capability. A 500 GB Hard Drive is sufficient, as the average computer user only uses 300 GB of any one computer though its lifespan. 3GB of RAM is good enough, 4GB is an extra for heavy multi-tasking. A nVidia GT520+ will serve well if you're a gamer, although Intel graphic chips (3000+) serve just fine for everyday.
I would recommend:
(14 inch models)
HP Pavilion dv4t ($600), Core i3-2310M, 3GB RAM, 4.8lbs, 6.75 Hours of battery life.
Dell Inspiron 14R ($650), Core i5-2410M, 4GB RAM, 5.2 lbs, 5.25 hours of battery life.
Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E420 ($550), Core i-2310M, 4GB RAM, 4.7 lbs., 7 hours of battery life.
HP Pavilion dm4-2050us ($660) Core i3-2310M, 4GB RAM, 4.3 lbs, 8.25 (!) hours of battery life

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back