Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laptop not turning on

Status
Not open for further replies.

WAQAS AHMED8979

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I have HP Pro book 470 laptop. yesterday i cleaned my laptop(without opening) from contact cleaner (Battery inserted). After some time i tried to start laptop but it didn't work.

I tried the Static charge discharge process but it still doesn't work. 1 strange thing was when i plug in AC charger White light starts blinking but still its does turn on.

upon consulting a friend i found out the contact cleaner is a conductor which had caused short circuiting.

Guide me for solution plz

Other option is to take it to be repaired...

Of course once they finish laughing after you tell them what happened they will probably want to charge you ~80% of a new laptop. So as barry suggests "Buy a new laptop".

Furthermore, don't clean your laptop ever, dust it occasionally with a soft DRY cloth. And never clean the connectors, if they get dirty then take it to a computer repair shop or someone who actually does that kind of work professionally (not just claims they know) and have them clean it for you. It's better if you just don't eat around your laptop or set it down on dirty tables (avoids getting it dirty in the first place).

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at a picture of the 470 I can't even figure out what connector you may have cleaned they are all on the sides, you spray contact cleaner in those and it's going to be all over the motherboard inside the unit shorting who knows what.

Laptop + liquid = dead laptop.

Check if the cleaning can has an indication like "dielectric" cleaner. If it says that, no problem with any short circuit. I have cleaned some connectors with a contact cleaner and turned on almost inmediately and always función very well. If your cleaner is dielectric, the problem is other else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back