Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laptop going in hibernation mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

raviraj_162

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have hp dv2819tx
My laptop was not booting so i consult a technician he told me that nvdia board has same problems. So he repaired it and told me that i have changed the graphic section. then after 8 days i faced same problem. He repaired it again and i faced same problem for 3 times. Then i tried at my level and it worked. but i dont think that he have worked on MB. Now my lappie is working but after some time it goes to hibernation mode automatically. Is it MB problem or heating problem or lcd cable problem?
Plz help me

Hi Mr.Ravi,
it's a MB NVIDIA GRAPHIC CHIP problem.it's not hibernation or lcd cable problem.
1.when your laptop getting over heat you will face this problem.after you shutdown in 2 hr ,then you on your laptop it'll be work fine but the same problem repeated again..
2.better you backup all your data first...

if you think it's hipernation problem try this
go to control panel- see the power option-select choose what closing lid does ..do nothing....now you try close your laptop then open... if you are not see the same issue it's not a hibernation problem.conformed nvidia chip problem.
if think it's lcd cable problem try this,

connect external monitor in your laptop.now power on laptop.now youcan see both lcd monitor$ lcd screen display.now you close your lcd screen ...if external monitor only comming display ...it's lcd cable or lcd screen prolem.
bye..

Last edited:

I have hp dv2819tx
My laptop was not booting so i consult a technician he told me that nvdia board has same problems. So he repaired it and told me that i have changed the graphic section. then after 8 days i faced same problem. He repaired it again and i faced same problem for 3 times. Then i tried at my level and it worked. but i dont think that he have worked on MB. Now my lappie is working but after some time it goes to hibernation mode automatically. Is it MB problem or heating problem or lcd cable problem?
Plz help me

Go to the My computer, now right click on the drive where your operating system is loaded & click on the property option a popup window will be opened now click disk cleanup option: from there check up for temporary hibernating files and clean it, then I think the system will never go to hibernation.

If still it continues, then may be the problem with graphics chip.

Tanks kalimuthu
Its nvdia chipset problem becoz as u told it work fine, but when runs for a long time it goes to hibernation due to over heating.
Wht i have to do now?
I have repaired it for 3-4 times
The technician told me that every time he have changed the graphic chip
Tell me wht to do
I need to change MB or it can be repaired?
Tell me approximate expenses
Should i prefer service center or any other technician?

Hi
better go to new laptop .if you change new mother board also same problem repeat back again.:grin::-?

Thanks for ur advice
but as problem is related with nvidia chipset, now i think hp have started using different graphic chips.
Hp is in court against nvidia for the over heating chips
NOw whts ur suggestion?

would one of those laptop stands with the fans underneath help ? yeah noisy, but !
and what laptop brand/model is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.