Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lamp buffor build in unusuall way

Status
Not open for further replies.

gres

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

It’s a lamp buffor on ECC88. Base diagram is taken from www.audioton.republika.pl , but i made some changes:
Diagrams you can find at previous web.
- extra potentiometer at output
- limiter of transmission range follower

After restart change was imperceptible so I add low pass filter <originally buffer should be addition for subwoofer>, but after I had added filter with Fg=640Hz, buffer made outstanding impression on me <althought is very smooth change, but limiting strand, sound goes to deep base with a note of middle tones that cause real vacuum tube sound. I goes one better and increased top frequency limit of filter to 3,5 kHz.
I have never listen music from real vacuum tube amplifier, but this what i made is much closer to vacuum sound then even best transistor. Plus I have great case.
I wanted to show of "massive" and "worm" elements <the same assumption was made by vacuum tube designers>
At https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1527096.html you will find more pictures and movie. Sound without lamp <transistor> and with buffer - to compare. There IS DIFFRENCE REALLY ! ... but it always could be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.