Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

L297 & L298N for unipolar stepping motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazybuoy

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am intended for build the driver for my unipolar stepping motor using L297 & L298N according to the attached schematic. I imagine it is for bipolar stepping motor because there is not one place to connect stepping motor common wire. Please show me how I can utilize this driver for unipolar stepping motor.
My unipolar stepping motor is this

Attachments

• L298 forum.jpg
    L298 forum.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 129

You don't need L298 to drive a unipolar motor,
check figure 22 page 15 of this application note **broken link removed**
You can also use your own transistors instead of the ULN2075 chip.

Alex

Thanks for reply. that is good but is the ULN2075 can provide me 1000 steps per second? I also read that an unipolar can be use as bipolar by omitting common wire completely. Now can I use my unipolar in this way with my above schematic?

You want micro stepping but i can't help you with that, i have never used it,
If your unipolar has 2 separate common wires (you will have a total of 6 wires, 3 wires for each coil which are 2 ends with one common ) then you can
but if there is only one common for both coils then you can't.

Alex

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------

I thought you meant micro stepping but you meant if the ULN can switch at 1khz.
The datasheet says that there is a turn on delay of 1us and turn off 1.5us so this can work easily at 1khz.

Alex

What is timer-interrupt-frequency(steps per second) of **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back