Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

kWh data logger circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxcot

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm looking for a DIY kit to build a data logger than records kWh consumption... not having much luck. I know the devices are available commercially, but I'm interested in putting one together myself. Any pointers?
Thanks.

Check this project:

? I don't see anything.....?!?!?

---------- Post added at 14:28 ---------- Previous post was at 14:27 ----------

Ahhh, sorry... took a while for the attachment to appear. Apologies.

I hope so that you dont have that lag in your future logger. :)

Hells teeth, me too :)

I've got a question on winding a toroidal coil for the sensor element... A toroid of approx ext 35mm diam, with 100 turns of enamelled wire.... how important is it to have the turns wound neatly, and tightly against each other? Does it matter if they are overlapping each other in an ad-hoc way.

Check this project:

I'm looking for some info around the distance constraints between sensor and micro-controller. If I had the sensor component (a toroid type current transformer) located about 20m away from the "reading" component, would it work? My design at present aims to provide 1.1v on the sensor output, and the connection between sensor and micro-controller is regular cat-5 cable.

Of course you should put signal amplifier its obvious, or convert analog to digital and transfer over long distance.

Reactions: Maxcot

Maxcot

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back