Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

keyboard and LCD interfacing with 89C51 microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

gang_engnr

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Re: keyboard interfacing

hi, my project is about the keyboard and lcd interfacing. i have to display the message on lcd written by the keyboard on run time using 89C51 microcontroller for the lcd interface.
i have already written the lcd routine, have configured the UART of the processor but dont know what to do next....... can anyone help me with it??

Added after 4 minutes:

em using the serial port of my pc for transmission.

If I understand your task correctly, you intend to write on a PC keyboard, transmit data via serial port to 89C51 and display it in real time on an LCD ..
If that’s the case, start with Hyperterminal at the PC side and short serial port interrupt subroutine at the 8051 end, read ASCII characters that are transmitted by the PC, convert them from ASCII to whatever LCD can accept and send them to the LCD ..

Rgds,
IanP

What kind of keyboard is it? Is this a 4x4 keypad also interfaced to the MCU?
If you post a diagram or schematic of what you are trying to achieve, you will receive more replies.

Also, how do you write code, C or assembly?

If you use PS2 keyboard,it is unnessary to do it via a computer and RS-232.There are many methods which guide you how to interface a PS2 keyboard with a MCU.

use this link for tutorial on
**broken link removed**
and use this one for
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back