Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Kaiser window function

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdFire

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
kaiser window function

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone explain to me what is Kaiser window function doing in a DSP filter design? I am still new to DSP, and DSP filters, hope someone can direct me. Thank you.

Regards

dsp kaiser window

All of these windows in FIR filters reduce the amplitude of signals in the stop band and make the pass band wider.

These window functions were first used 70 years ago in phased array antennas. Angle of the antenna pattern is analogous to frequency in the FIR filter.

kaiser window functions are used to convert (truncate) infinite impulse respones of ideal filters to finite respones (approximate ideal respones) and reduce Gibbs phenomenon of direct truncation (rectangular window).

Kaiser window is used for side lobe reduction in signal filtering and filter bank.

ColdFire,
All window functions involve a compromise between steepness of the transition region (region between the passband and the stopband) and sidelobe magnitude. It's like squeezing a baloon; the sharper the transition region, the higher the sidelobe amplitude. The Kaiser window incorporates a parameter that the designer can twiddle to achieve a reasonable complimise between transition band sharpness and sidelobe magnitude. The Kaiser window is based on the prolate spheroid function.
Regards,
Kral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back