Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Junk parts small audio Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatkoMM

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Junk parts Amp

Situation....
What we can do with junk parts from old TV,radios etc....
I made small audio amplifier,here is schematic:

Is anyone tray build this circuit, just courious.....

Yeah distorsion is to high that might blow speaker membrane ....

A soft clipping like the present won't damage a speaker.

Generally, it doesn't make sense to use a lot of output transistors without increasing the drive current
to the output stage, e.g. by utilizing a darlington configuration. Effectively any amplifier circuit above 0.5 or 1 W
uses at least a two cascaded transistors current gain.

By adding bootstrapping and reducing the resistor values for more current, the simple amplifier is much better.

As you can see headline is- junkparts amplifier-
or you dont see?????

Call this circuit like you wish but circuit work.

"work" yes, but it's limits have been clearly shown. You should accept the improvements demonstrated by Audioguru.

I don't see a problem with the design. But I guess, you're able to mess it up somehow.

that first circuit looks just weird. so many paralleled transistors. should at least have
a resistor in the base or emitter of each i reckon.

whats it sound like ?

Anyway if your talking about junk parts of tvs radios etc.....why did you not just chop up the PCB where the audio amp is. You would have a ready made good audio amp.
Some are easier to chop than others, done this many times in younger times.
Audio amps for free is always good :D

For its cost of only 3 transistors, my amplifier circuit performs pretty well. A TDA2003 amplifier IC has 16 transistors plus 5 constant current sinks plus many diodes and resistors but has the same output power. Because it has many more parts its distortion is lower than mine.

I dont talk about TDA 2003....
which is of course very lousy chip
Best amplifier in the world are build with bipolar transistors if you dont
KNOW??

Or with tubes!
:)

As you must know-
it`s some subjective what for audio amps the best solution is....
K.

Yeah maby but give me a break this is not real true...

National Semiconductor has a few excellent audio amplifier ICs. The LM3886 has distortion plus noise of only 0.004% at 1kHz with an output of 68W into 4 ohms or 0.002% with an output of 60W into 8 ohms.

Of course some very high power amplifiers are made with many bipolar transistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back