Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

the star grounding (in amplifier circuit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munyua44

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,
I made an audio amplifier by my self and came across a problem that I believe one of you can solve it. I am trying to implement the star grounding but when looking at my PCB a place where i could do this is not provided. I it practical to solder the ground wires together or do we have another solution to this that i do not know?

what Do you mean “a place is not provided” for your ground? I thought you made this?

Do you have a ground plane on your Pcb?

Hi,

I recommend a solid GND plane. No traces, no other signal in this layer.

Star grounding maks the traces to a star point more lenghty. This increases stray inductance.

A GND plane reduces stray inductance and reduces ohmic resistance. And it's easy to design, especially for beginners.

Klaus

Hi,

please show us a picture of your audio amplifier circuitry or even your ECAD based design.

BR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back