Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JDM programer pic16F84A error

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_kid25

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please help me solve problems of writing ic PIC16F84A with ICprog106B always verifiying 000h error, I use the downloader JDM and my setup hardware interface:windows API I/O delay:4 detail pic in attch...

Attachments

• jdm.JPG
    jdm.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 103
  • jdm com.JPG
    jdm com.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 100
  • setting.JPG
    setting.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 95
  • fail.JPG
    fail.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 78

have you copied the driver for ICProg in the install folder of the ICProg (ok it's not a install folder its a copy folder)
and use Direct I/O, not Windows API
I/O delay about 10-20
try to chose PIC16F84 without the A on the end and try again
try to use WinPIC, test the Vpp voltage levels it should be from 10V to 13V
I have build this about 10 times and it works perfect
JDM PIC Programmer

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I've tried to use direct I / O and windows API but why still error.indikator Vpp when writing a blink-blink then goes off when finished writing and re-ignite and led CLK off and verifiying error000h.i using a cable with a length of 50 cm as well as fixed cable error . whereas for writing ic 24Cxx succses.why could happen with my PIC16F84A Ic blank data writing tests ok,What software in accordance with the above schematic

with this schematic i use ICProg its a JDM programmer, i have sometimes the same problem as you with this type of programmer
take off the LED's because you need all the power from the serial port for programming the PIC, try the WinPic software, there configure the hardware as JDM programmer and test it, there you have some test options
try to program another PIC to verify that the programmer is working good

with this schematic i use ICProg its a JDM programmer, i have sometimes the same problem as you with this type of programmer
take off the LED's because you need all the power from the serial port for programming the PIC, try the WinPic software, there configure the hardware as JDM programmer and test it, there you have some test options
try to program another PIC to verify that the programmer is working good
what led must be removed LED Vpp or led 5Volt .
and whether there are modifications schematic so that the program is running perfectly.
I am very confused with this problem.:oops:
please help me

remove the led's on 5V and Vpp, remove the resistor and the led on the RTS pin
see this image
jdm-pic-programmer.gif

remove the led's on 5V and Vpp, remove the resistor and the led on the RTS pin
see this image
jdm-pic-programmer.gif
I already did your suggestion but why keep it in case of error.
even though the hardware test ok
what's hardware settings is wrong.

Attachments

• jdm_my.modif.JPG
    jdm_my.modif.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 83
  • seting JDM winpic800V3.63c..JPG
    seting JDM winpic800V3.63c..JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 89

try to download correct icprog, some icprog s/w is not working well
if you want send your mail address, then I will send

the test is ok without load, but when you try to program the pic the voltage drops to a small level

I mailed S/w
check and reply
thank you I've received S/w 3.58 from your email.
but S/w failed to install drivers w800IO.sys
I also have S/w version 3.63c installed the driver ok and write for 24Cxx with this schematic ok but 16F84A error.
duh....i very2 dizzy....:sad:because been modifications and mutually exchange S/w still error if the write 16F84A

thank you I've received S/w 3.58 from your email.
but S/w failed to install drivers w800IO.sys
I also have S/w version 3.63c installed the driver ok and write for 24Cxx with this schematic ok but 16F84A error.
duh....i very2 dizzy....:sad:because been modifications and mutually exchange S/w still error if the write 16F84A

what OS you are using
what port you are using I mean DB 9 or LPT
I am using this S/W with XP without failure with DB 9 port

Last edited:

I am using Os win xp with DB 9 port via conector rj45 cable 40cm to DB 9 Female

Nice

check your ground line of DB9 connector, it should be totally disconnect with your cct ground

Attachments

• DB9_connector_Male.jpg
    DB9_connector_Male.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Nice

check your ground line of DB9 connector, it should be totally disconnect with your cct ground

I have checked and not connected

when I have used my old ICD2 clone on the DB9, sometime i had some error messages, because the connector (DB9) was not connected on the GND pin, so try to connect it to gnd

when I have used my old ICD2 clone on the DB9, sometime i had some error messages, because the connector (DB9) was not connected on the GND pin, so try to connect it to gnd

results remain the same errors despite DB9 connected on the GND pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.