Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I've bought XUPV2P! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOps

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
xupv2p

hello guys, i've bought XUPv2P board, for student price of cuz:D

maybe some of you already have some simple ready reference designs, rather than the ones provided with board?

i want to play with vide... i have one question:

I have a laptop with a video In, seems to me that i can attach another PC to my laptop, and use my LapTop's monitor as separate monitor for another PC...

so, can i connect my XSGA output of XUPv2P board to my laptops monitor?

and it also has SATA connectors (three).. does it mean i can connect any SATA HDD to my board, keyboard... my laptops monitor..and then load some operating system, and have custom PC? (but with much lower processor speed than pentium of cuz)?

so what u think about ideas above? can this be implemented?

and one important question....can i spoil/burn/harm my board if i do something wrong?? i am not going to hook my own circuits there.... except the standard equipment described above...so with this things it is NOT possible to spoil board if i load something wrong there?

thank u!

Added after 2 hours 5 minutes:

i have also downloaded ISE Free WebPack 9.2 will it program my board? i saw somewhere on net...that older 9.1 didnt support this board, but new 9.2 does...is it true?

edk 9.2 + xupv2p

The connectors are only connectors, it's you who must create the IP SATA for these connectors.

xupv2p support 11

have anyone loaded any sample design on this board? if someone did anything with it, please could you tell me more about it, i am browsing also internet for such things,..waiting for ur replies, thanks

xupv2p webpack

can anyone say me here can i get iMPACT software??? i even cannot find it for download either on xilnx website or google!... is this enough to fully program this board?

xupv2p sata

iMPACT is included with your ISE WebPACK. It should appear in your Windows Start Menu under Xilinx ISE Accessories. An easier way to get started is to use ISE Project Navigator to create a small test project (such as flashing an LED), and download it through a USB cable into the FPGA. Project Navigator is a GUI that semi-conveniently runs all the individual ISE tools such as XST, MAP, PAR, BitGen, and iMPACT.

I don't know much about the XUPV2P board, except that individual owners seem to have trouble finding adequate documentation and example projects. I think most university projects used the embedded PowerPC, and for that you would want Xilinx EDK in addition to ISE.

Try asking Xilinx why their web page link to "reference designs" is broken. Maybe it's only accessible to universities:
https://www.xilinx.com/univ/xupv2p.html

xupv2p

thank u! and,... i am a little confused is XUPV2P with vp30 chip and ML310 board??... i have downloaded docs for ML310 but it is another kind of board.. what index does XUPV2P have??

thanks

xupv2p reference designs

maybe you can try to get it a free one if you are a student and apply for it in the name of your group

xupv2p designs

hi,

interestingly i followed your footsteps and bought my own XUPV2P board!

but, i am having trouble with EDK tools...
is there any alternative for that??

can i use any tools that is free to try embedded softwares on that board?

xupv2p ise 11

There are reference designs on the CD that comes with the board.

edk 9.1 tutorial + xupv2p + custom ip

Hi,
I got the same board as well,
You dont get the EDK, free or eval, you need to purchase it,
I have yet to put my hands on it at the moment, but will do so soon,

may need your help with it later on... lol

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor