Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Issues while simulating in opnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasz

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am new user of opnet and i've encountered a problem which i can't seem to get around!

I have a modified version of wlan_mac which i saved with a different name. I also changed the portions of code that made a reference to the process model's name within the function blocks. i also changed the reference to wlan_mac in the enter executives of wlan_dispatch process model. Problem is, whenever i create a scenario that uses that modified version with the new name, it's as though nothing happens i.e. no events occur (rather, too few like 92 events). It performs the simulation completely and successfully returning no errors.

I assumed perhaps it was my code that had a problem, but i modified the original wlan_mac and saved it with the original name wlan_mac, and it executed successfully with several events, as in, in the normal way the unmodified wlan_mac would execute. So i'm guessing, i'm probably not changing something small within the modified wlan_mac
that references the new name. I'm guessing so, cause even if i simply duplicate the wlan_mac process model and save it with a different name, leaving the model unchanged, i experience the same problem.

What could the problem be? I've been trying to figure out the problem for the past one month to no avail. My final year project(due in 2 and 1/2months) depend on the results i get from comparing the original and modified versions of wlan_mac. Because of my problem, i'm stuck and clearly time is not on my side! Please help!

Any assistance will be highly appreciated.

Did you check that your new model is made?
if so, would you send me your opnet files?Maybe I could help.

what do you mean by "if the new model is made"?

As i said in the previous post, even if i work with the original wlan_mac code, but i simply change the name of the process model to another name, for instance, modified_wlan_mac, i get the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.