Status
Not open for further replies.

omdano

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can i increase a voltage from 0.1v to 1.5?
Please tell me in anyway i can achieve this , i am a total newbie so ... XD

great regards
omdano

You must give more details about your need, such as : AC or DC voltage ?

+++

Is it a signal or a power circuit?
If the 0.1 V is a signal, then you can use an opamp to amplify it. If you want to generate power from a low-voltage source, you can use a chopper=-rectifier to get 1.5 V from 0.1 V source.

Is it a signal or a power circuit?
If the 0.1 V is a signal, then you can use an opamp to amplify it. If you want to generate power from a low-voltage source, you can use a chopper=-rectifier to get 1.5 V from 0.1 V source.

Thank you , it is a Power circuit , What is your thoughts about the ... Joulie theif circuit would it work too ?
(Where can i find a schematic for the chopper=-rectifier? and if i can buy it from ebay can you link it for me ?

Thank you very much.

Thank you , it is a Power circuit , What is your thoughts about the ... Joulie theif circuit would it work too ?

I can see that with voltage as low as 0.1 V no available semiconductor device can operate . I would suggest a mechanical chopper like relay contact to generate AC pulses, then use a transformer to get more than 1.5 V AC, then you can rectify the output. Due to the mechanical contact drive the efficiency will be low.
Another way is to use multiple low-voltage sources connected in series like in solar bateries. Voltages over 3 V can be handled by semiconductor devices with a high efficiency.

I can see that with voltage as low as 0.1 V no available semiconductor device can operate...

In fact, it´s an unusual voltage, and I can´t imagine what could be the source.
The only way to handle it could be stacking up in series too many cells.

+++

Special "energy harvesting" DC/DC converters like LTC3108 can well step-up low voltages of a 100 mV range, e.g. from peltier batteries.

Generally, it's no problems to use MOSFETs as choppers, generating the control voltage is a bit tricky, but feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…